- OID Kickoff Happy Hour- Friday, Feb. 4th, 5pm-8pm, Iron Horse Tap Room (Downstairs), 507 7th St NW (Chinatown Metro)
- AIDemocracy Conference- Saturday, Feb. 5th, 9:30am-6pm (sessions all day), Marvin Center Room 305
Hosted by Americans for Informed Democracy, this free leadership conference is open to all OID members. You are welcome to attend any or all sessions and lunch will be served. Participants will not only receive leadership training, but they will attend panels given by key Global Health speakers.
- Wizards Game and Bar Tour- Saturday, Feb. 26th, Game time 8pm
- THIRST- Long Term Solutions to the Global Clean Water Crisis- Tuesday, March 22nd, Elliott School, Room 213, 6:10-7:30pm
In honor of World Water Day, please join us for panel discussion on this important topic with key specialists in the field. Each panelist will present on a different aspect of finding long-term answers to global access to clean water.
- Advocacy Day with World Water Day Coalition – Wednesday, March 23rd, Capitol Hill, All Day Event
Looking to learn more about advocacy on the Hill? Participants from around the world are joining together for Advocacy Day to show their support for water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) issues and urge continued support from Members of Congress. Connect with Congressional offices throughout the day to let them know that we need greater US leadership for WASH at this moment.
- Alumni Career Networking Panel – International Development- Thursday, March 24th, Elliott School, Lindner Family Commons, Room 620, 3:30 – 5:00pm
- International Development Studies Capstone Mixer- Friday, March 25th, Elliott School, Lindner Family Commons, Room 620, 8:00pm
- Cherry Blossom Picnic- Sunday, April 3rd on the Mall from 2-5pm. We’ll be meeting between the Washington Monument and the Tidal Basin (just look for the tourists) somewhere along Maine Avenue SW.
- Implementing QDDR Recommendations on Gender and Development (OID Co-sponsored event)- Thursday, April 14, 1957 E Street NW, 7th floor, City View Room
- IDS Admitted Students Happy Hour- Friday, April 15th from 7-9pm, McFadden’s (Back room), 2401 Pennsylvania Ave. NW, Washington D.C., DC 20037 (15 walk from the Elliott School)
- 2nd Year Send-Off/End of Year Celebration!- Thursday, May 5th 5:30- 8:30pm, Buffalo Billiards, Dupont Circle